Tuesday 30 September 2014

It's teh Final Countdown

Hello tinterweb buddies,

Just a quick one as I've got a lecture in half an hour.

I literally wanted to write an update post, as these are definitely for my future self to read. I've read the past ones and they make me giggle, so I wanted to add to that and make future Lari laugh! Or at least remind her of her history when she's lost her marbles.

So. What needs saying? I'm living at Ladywell Halls at the moment, moved in 3 weeks ago, and loving it! My housemates - Tom, who I lived with last year, Laura and Shannan - seem great so far. We've had some great nights together already. In fact, last night was fun. We stayed in and played Cards Against Humanity (brilliant game), reminisced about our favourite television shows as children (Tots Tv, Come Outside, Hey! Arnold, Blues Clues, Art Attack, Biker Mice from Mars, TMNT, Power Rangers and Pokemon to name but a few), watched The Lion King, watched some literal trailers on Youtube, and had an all round great evening. I just appreciate the time I can spend with my friends now, and can't imagine life without them... which is odd, because I used to think I would never rely on anybody. These people are my favourites though, and I've never appreciated friendship more than I do now.

Speaking of which, I'm throwing a little get together party with these amazing people for my 21st birthday. I won't be able to see my family, which really does suck, but at least I can celebrate with these guys! Maybe, if I remember, I'll post some pictures from the party here, because it's gonna be epic!

I hope you're working hard in the future Lari, because, right now, I'm worried for you. I can't imagine what you could be doing. You change your mind so often, you could be an astronaut by now! Which is a cool idea, but I very much doubt it. But hey, at the moment, my plans are to finish my Psychology degree and do a PGCE so I can teach in a primary school. Just for a few years - a very short term plan - then I want to move on to bigger and better things. I still want to do social work, or foster caring, but I'm not sure when, how or in what order. I also want a family, but I have no interest in any of the men who are on offer to me. I guess I'll have to wait and see how things pan out...

The funny thing is I can imagine myself reading this and laughing at myself for being so naive. But, right now, this is how I think and this is what I think I want. And one mustn't forget that dreaming big is never a bad thing. We always have been big dreamers, haven't we, Lari? I really hope that's something we never lose, in all honesty, as it makes us optimistic. I feel like, without dreams, we would fall into a deep chasm of depression and loneliness... which isn't a thought I like to dwell on.

Finally, I'm just at the beginning of my weight loss journey. I've lost 20lbs since I started, and really want to lose about 5st more. I hope that, by the time you are reading this, we've reached that goal and are happier and healthier... and look fucking amazing in an LBD!

I've gotta run now. Got a lecture on Juvenile Delinquency - which sounds more exciting than it is - which I shouldn't miss. I'm trying to work harder this year, and get the best grades I possibly can, because this is where it counts. Third and final year, Larissa, you better make it fucking worth it. Stay on track, girl, you're literally at the final hurdle.

But don't forget to enjoy it.

Before you know it, it'll all be over...


No comments:

Post a Comment