Sunday 25 March 2012

(Not So) Wild Weekend *thumbs up*

Well, hey, guys. Fancy seeing you here.

It has been a while some time far too long. And I've no excuse for not posting, other than not having much to post about. Life has been pretty hollow for some time now. Even Christmas pretty much sucked... but hey, I only have one follower, and she probably doesn't even look here any more than I do, so fuck it.

Anyhow, why I'm back, you ask~? My aunt Sanchia came to stay the weekend! It was a right laugh. And, although I didn't get any pictures, it'll be one to remember once again. :)

Friday
I woke up and, as ever, I was absolutely shattered from being up late doing my homework the night before. I didn't want to go to school at all, but I had no choice in the matter what-so-ever - I'm in upper sixth, you see, and I have my final exams starting the beginning of June, so missing school at such a crucial time would be, frankly, stupid. I sat through 3 and a half hours of Issues & Debates of Psychology, although how research methods come under the Issues & Debates section, I still do not know. Then, because I had free periods that afternoon, after my lunch duty I decided to stay in school to finish my coursework. I sat out in the courtyard, soaking up the sun for an hour and filling out yet more psychology worksheets, before heading inside and finishing up my English coursework - "Transracial Adoption - Is it ethical?" I'll post that at the end of August, as soon as it's been marked: might give my blog some more interesting material. Anyway, I digress! I spent those few hours doing a minuscule amount of work before tottering home, sweltering in the sun on the hottest day of the year, to date, this year (as far as I'm aware).

When I did eventually get home, I remembered. A few days prior, just before Mothering Sunday, my aunt had mentioned she would be coming to stay. Me and my aunt are kinda close, and when I do eventually go to university (which I hope will be at the end of this year! *fingers crossed*), I'll be staying with her. So, as you can imagine, I was ecstatic. When my aunt comes to stay, we always have a laugh, a few drinks and a damn good night. I spent the rest of my day readying myself for that night...

It came to about 6pm, and my plans fell short. I was absolutely shattered. I mean, fuck, I could have slept like a log for 15 hours straight (like I did 2 weeks ago, teehee). I didn't feel like partying. I didn't feel like drinking. I didn't even feel up to having a girly chat. Shit. 

My aunt arrived at just gone 9pm after a 4 hour drive from Northern England to London. Ouch. A few awkward hellos (it always is when someone arrives) and hugs and laughs later, Sash piped up that we'd be going to the cinema. You can imagine my relief! I wouldn't have to put on a front, I could just chill in the cinema, perhaps have a snooze in the middle. But then...

"The Devil Inside," she said. "It's Friday fright night! Muhahaha!"
Oh, balls.
So, no snooze halfway through. Buuuuuut...

Well, if you haven't seen the film. *awks* I would not recommend it. Shittest. Thriller. Ever. Really. I mean, I'm easily one of the jumpiest people you'll get in an age 12 certificated film, and this... well. I've no idea who even approved the film to be put on the big screen, let alone rate it a 15. Urgh. But again, I digress. I did snooze in the cinema (that lame), and felt kinda rejuvenated, ready for a fun filled night! Ended up being pretty shit in the end, but mum, auntie Sash and I had a chat and, eventually, I went to bed.

DAY 1: SUCCESSFUL.

Saturday
Jesus, it was hot! And, as soon as we woke up, Richard (my sister's boyfriend) suggested a BBQ.
...
Well, we decided to go shopping. Mum, Sash, Caitlyn and I. Sash has forgot to pack half her clothes, so she needed something new to wear. It was a tedious task, personally, but we eventually got everything we wanted. Kinda hilarious when Sash stripped in the middle of the shop to try on a top! Hah! If I'd had some cash, I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more. But nope, I splashed out on a new phone in January (my pretty Blackberry, Barney, mwah) and I'm still paying off the loan. Only... £60 to go? Yay.

After shopping, we came home and... PARTY TIME! The BBQ was lit. Or four BBQs, I should say. Last year, we got about 15 disposable BBQs, all 3 pence each. Bargain! I was wearing a pair of jeans, a grey long top and trainers. Everyone else was in their Summer gear. *sigh* I thought I best make the effort, and disappeared upstairs for half hour... I resurfaced, tidy, trim and as tasteful as I'll ever be, only to find the rest of the blasted lot had pulled on jumpers and coats, and the sun had sheepishly hidden behind a grey blanket. For fuck sake.

"5 stars for effort," Richard remarked.
"You scrub up well!" Sash said.
Well, I sat for about 10 minutes before my body decided it wasn't summer yet, then ran for the cover of my new snoopy hooded jumper. We nommed some BBQ food - sausages, burgers, chicken drumsticks (ew, not me, I do not eat chicken from a bone, breasts over legs any day, hah!), coleslaw, salad... then I got my drink on, and so did everyone else. Me, Sash and Caitlyn ended up mentally dancing on a mattress in the garden (do not question) to David Guetta and Justin Timberlake. What a laugh! I pulled something in my elbow, and it still hurts.

Later, Sashy, Lari and mummy watched Twilight: Breaking Dawn! I'm a fan of the Twilight Saga, 100%, and mostly because of Taylor Lautner. Oh em gee, isn't he gorge? And, no, before you ask, I've yet to read all the books - I read the first, but it was poorly written, so I decided to follow the story on the films instead; perhaps it'll be more entertaining.
*Taylor/Jacob enters*
"Corrrrrrrrrrrr!" Sash said.
"Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!" mum repeated.
"Corrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!" I spasmed.
He's totally beauts. Cor, blimey. I mean, Bella, really? Edward's cute, but Jacob, he's, he's-... you lost out, girl.
Anyway! We watched the film. It was great. And holy shit, I've just realised how light it is outside and it's ten to seven (clocks went forwards last night, officially summer, woohoo!). Then we stayed up talking about my grandmother, God rest her soul, who passed away when I was about 4, I believe? I've only one memory of her. A good one. Just sitting on her lap.
"I'm glad," my mother stated. "It's just, something happened and she was really upset by it, and you saw something she didn't want you to, and I don't want you to remember that. Otherwise you'll make it up in your head." Well, she's already told me the memory, but whatever. It doesn't bother me. And I won't put it out online, because it's personal, but I just thought I'd say.

I went to be about 2:30am, after another brilliant day.

DAY 2: SUCCESSFUL.

Sunday
That's today.

It started off great! I woke up, fiddled with my Tamagotchis (lol @ my computer not recognising the word and suggesting monarchist)  for an hour or so, then eventually got out of bed (which I dislike doing on Sundays, urgh). Headed downstairs and sat out in the morning sun for a while, before heading in.
"Cup o' tea?" I asked Sash.
"Mmm," she replied.
"What's up?"
"Migraine."
Oh, no...
I wandered off to make us some tea, then we sat in the garden for an hour.
Poor Sashy, she didn't feel well at all. :(
She slept it off for a bit, then, about 3 in the afternoon, woke up and chatted for a bit. But, she had to be going - it was Sunday, and cousin Ethan was home from his camping trip, and cousin Toby would be home later from staying at his dad's. After some tea, toast and a shower, and feeling a little better, Sash decided it was time to be getting on.

And so she did.

And that was that.

:(

DAY 3: FAIL.

I know, it doesn't sound to entertaining for you guys, and you probably feel like you've just wasted your time reading this, but she's my aunt, my closest relative other than my own family, i.e. mum, dad, sisters and, I suppose, brother. I'll miss her! </3

However, if all goes to plan, as I said, I'll be staying with her starting August/September whilst I attend university. I can't wait. It's gonna be great, hah! :) For anyone who is interested, I'll be studying Psychology, hopefully at UCLan. I've had an acceptance letter, so now I just have to get the grades. Anyhow, that's my wild weekend. And now it's over, I have to get on with my homework. Hopefully, I'll post next week, and it'll be a more interesting topic than this.

But hey.
I'm still learning.
Blogging isn't really my thing.
I'm sure I'll get better at it... sooner or later.

Ttfn, my lovelies. Until next year...




JK. :D Lari x

No comments:

Post a Comment